Instant Pot Ultra vs Duo
If you are familiar with Instant Pot multicookers, you know they are amazing and can cook varieties of different foods using the electric pressure cooker and other fun functions. The foods come out restaurant quality, so delicious and full of flavor. Both models have distinct pros and cons.
However, which one is better? Let’s figure out which is best and how to make the best decision for you: Instant Pot Ultra vs Duo:
Instant Pot Ultra Review
Features & Specifications
- Of all the Instant Pot models, the Instant Pot Ultra is known to be the higher-end option. Everything you can think of is built into this Instant Pot model including sterilizing, baking cakes, making eggs.
- The sterilizing feature is exceptional for cleaning baby bottles or similar items, which new moms and dads love. There’s the altitude adjustment, so those living in higher or lower altitudes don’t have to worry about if their food will turn out okay.
- The above and beyond of the Ultra is the Ultra setting, which allows you to control the temperature inside your Instant Pot, which makes Sous Vide meals easier.
- There’s also the auto seal capability, which you no longer need to worry about moving your pressure valve. Along with comes the Quick Release button to safely and easily release the pressure from your Instant Pot.
- Some other pros of the Instant Pot Ultra include 10 settings, cooking progress indicator, precise temperature control, and built-in altitude adjustment. There’s a much larger and fancier LCD display than the regular Instant Pots and the Duo.
- The con that comes with the digital display may be the knob, which can be sensitive, especially if you choose the wrong one accidentally. Buttons may be easier to program on the Duo. Also, there are A LOT of settings, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.
- One final thought is that the Ultra is more expensive than its little sister, the Duo. This means it’s not exactly budget-friendly, but still, definitely a great investment if you can make it.
- Instant Pot Duo Review
- The Instant Pot Duo is the perfect beginner Instant Pot. Specifically, if you are new to Instant Pots or new to cooking, many are going to want to start with this model. Let’s do a mini Instant Pot Duo review then:
- If you haven’t read much up on the Instant Pot Duo, its a 7-in-1 multicooker electric pressure cooker. Basically, it can do the job of a microwave, rice cooker, steamer, and oven, and so much more. There are a variety of different programs including stew, steam, cook rice, soup, yogurt, and so on.
- This Instant Pot is a best-seller for its decent price, especially during certain times of the year when they go on sale. This Instant Pot also comes in three size options depending on how many mouths you may be feeding.
- Another pro of this Instant Pot Duo model includes the easy to use functionality. Simply press the button you need and let it do its job.
What people don’t like so much is the manual pressure valve. For those who are not familiar, you cannot “seal” and “release” the valve with a push of a button like the Ultra can.
Many may find this a potential hazard, especially if you’re cooking with kids in the kitchen. There is also no sterilize feature or temperature control feature like with the Ultra, which may or may not be a deal-breaker for you.
Instant Pot Ultra vs Duo Winner
The winner for the most functions is definitely the Instant Pot Ultra, hands down. This appliance can do everything under the sun, but the temperature control is an easy win. You get more for what you pay for in this case.
However, if you are still debating between Instant Pot Ultra vs Duo, and are a first-timer or not as experienced in the kitchen, then the Duo will be the winner for you. Also, if you are more experienced but are sticking to a budget, I would recommend getting the Duo as there is almost always a sale.
What Customers Are Saying
Instant Pot Ultra
The Instant Pot Ultra really does it all. Customers love the awesome state-of-the-art functions on the Instant Pot Ultra and the safer capabilities that come with it.
Instant Pot Duo
Customers absolutely flock to the Instant Pot Duo as it is more basic, yet more budget-friendly as opposed to the Ultra. Especially for those who are learning the Instant Pot, it is made for Instant Pot beginners.