7 Best Air Fryers of 2020
Move over oven. Move over deep-fryer.
There’s a new top appliance in town.
Air fryers are amazing. Taking up very little space, air fryers cook healthy meals in half the time of a normal oven or deep fryer.
Air fryers have become all the rage because they use little oil or great yet cook food crispy and taste like they’re deep-fried.
But what are the best air fryers of 2020? We’ve compiled a list of the best air fryers for you based on size, price, and your lifestyle. We’ve also included some customer reviews so you can choose the best air fryer.
Let’s look into the best air fryers of 2020 and figure out how to choose the right air fryer for you:
Overall Best Air Fryer of 2020
The overall best air fryer of 2020 is the Cosori air fryer max for it being a best seller and the highest rated out of all the air fryers on this list.
Here are some specifications that go into making this appliance the best air fryer of 2020:
- The compact design and intuitive display mean that not only can you fit this best air fryer on your counter. You can also get a clear look at the time and temperature of how your air fryer meal is cooking.
- Even though Cosori designed this best air fryer to be compact, the 5.8-quart nonstick basket means you can also fit a 5 Ib or 6 Ib whole chicken to cook at once. The basket is dishwasher safe, too.
- Serve your whole family with this best air fryer of 2020. In fact, up to 3 to 5 people.
- Cosori designed this best air fryer to use up to 85% LESS fat than you would by cooking traditionally deep-fried food.
- This best air fryer comes with 11 1-touch presets so you can cook juicy steak, poultry, seafood, vegetables, bread, desserts, bacon, french fries, frozen meals, root vegetables, and more with one touch of a button.
- You also get a recipe book with 100 original recipes and lifetime assistance from the Cosori support team.
Again, you will love this best air fryer of 2020 because of what all the customers are saying! Customers like you love that cleanup is minimal and the air fryer itself cleans very well.
Customers love not having to put in any elbow grease after cooking an air fried meal.
Customers also happen to love that you get such a big air fryer basket for not much in price. Most would expect to pay top dollar for such a hard-working and sleek-designed air fryer, but this best air fryer of 2020 hits the nail and checks all the boxes.
Best Air Fryer of 2020 – On a Budget
Our best air fryer on a budget is the GoWISE USA air fryer. This best air fryer comes in under $80 and does SO much. It’s sleek, modern, and takes the guesswork out of cooking.
GoWISE Air Fryer Specifications
- With the 5.8 quart basket, you can fry, grill, bake, and roast with very little oil. Or, use no oil at all, if you prefer.
- The advanced touch screen on this best air fryer gives you eight cooking presets including pork, chicken, steak, cake fish, pizza, and fries/chips.
- The temperatures range from 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Set your own temperature and time while still being reminded to shake/turn over your food halfway in between.
- Not only do you get a non-stick FDA-certified PFOA free pan, but also a detachable basket with a cool-touch handle and safety button.
- With the purchase of this best air fryer, you also get a recipe book with 50 recipes made for GoWISE USA air fryers and a one-year warranty and forever support. Register, and you get an additional 60-day warranty.
Customers like you love this best air fryer because of its affordable price and efficient air-fried cooking. It’s important to note that you should always use a liner with this air fryer and other air fryers.
You will also love that it is so easy to use and sturdy. Customers love what a great product you get for such a small price, making this air fryer the best budget air fryer of 2020.
Runner Up Best Air Fryer
The runner up best air fryer of 2020 is a brand favorite- the Instant Vortex Plus air fryer. By Instant Pot, the brand we all know and love, the Instant Vortex Plus air fryer has so many capabilities.
Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Specifications
- The Instant Vortex best air fryer uses EvenCrisp Technology, allowing you to get crispy yet tender deep-fried cooking perfection every time with no oil and mess.
- You get 7 built-in “smart” programs like bake, toast, roast, dehydrate, rotisserie, and broil.
- Use the tumble-fry rotating basket to roast meat like a rotisserie or crisp up fried perfectly.
- The Instant Vortex Plus perfectly circulates food to cook evenly and lock in moisture inside the crispy layers.
- No need to preheat with this best air fryer – in 50% less time, you can cook multiple meals at once.
- Easily cook and clean in one go. The surface of the air fryer wipes clean every time.
- The cooking trays, rotisserie basket, rotisserie spit, drip pan, and forks are all dishwasher safe.
- All of the above accessories make it easy to cook multiple meals at once.
Customers like you love this best air fryer of 2020 because it pretty much replaces an oven, yet doesn’t require all of the pre-heat time.
The Instant Vortex Plus air fryer even cooks your favorite foods in a fraction of the time.
When it comes down to it, you can achieve better results than take out. Make fries, tater tots, and potato wedges that taste like fast food with no grease involved.
This best air fryer will not only save you time but also money in the long run.
Under $50 Best Air Fryer of 2020
Our under $50 best air fryer is the Dash Compact air fryer that uses air crisp technology to reduce added fat by 70-80%, with delicious and flavorful results.
Dash Air Fryer Product Specifications
- With this best air fryer, you don’t have to sacrifice delicious food for a low price. You get it all in less time, saving energy and resulting in yummy crispy food.
- This best air fryer on a budget comes with an auto-shutoff function that will stop your food from overcooking. So, no burnt fried food will result in using this air fryer.
- Have a big family? No problem. Cook a dozen chicken wings and a pound of french fries in minutes.
- This best air fryer isn’t only compact, but also lightweight. This means you can fit it anywhere on your kitchen counter or small studio or college dorm, so easily.
- With such a sleek and trendy design, you can choose from different color options that fit your style.
Customers like you love this small and compact air fryer because it can fit anywhere and you can customize it to reflect your style.
At 2-quarts this best air fryer also works great with two items cooking at once. It’s perfect for just you and one other person to cook a smaller meal.
Best Air Fryer Multi-Cooker
The first honorable mention on the list of best air fryers of 2020 is the Ninja Foodi 7-in-1. Not only is this appliance an air fryer, but it is also a pressure cooker, tender crisper and more.
Ninja Foodi Specifications
- With TenderCrisp technology, you get a crispy and golden finish on all your air fried treats.
- Pressure cook and air fry 70% faster versus traditional cooking or slow cooking.
- Get up to 75% less fat versus deep-fried foods.
- The Ninja Foodi comes with a 5-quart ceramic coated cooking pot, PTFE/PFOA free and also dishwasher safe.
- The Ninja Foodi also comes with a 3-quart ceramic-coated cook and crisp basket, also dishwasher sage.
- Cook up to 4 pounds chicken or meat in the cook and crisp basket.
- With 14 safety features, rest assured you will have peace of mind while you’re cooking.
- The 7 functions that come with the Ninja Foodi include air fry/air crisp, pressure cook, steam, slow cook, bake/roast, yogurt, and sear/sauté.
Customers like you love that you can pressure cook AND air-fry all in one. So, if you make a pressure cook meal and want to top off your meal with a crisp, you can do so.
Customers also love that you can cook overnight, or bake like a pro without using an oven. This best air fryer makes the list because you can do so much all in one simple appliance.
Budget Under $100
The Ultrean air fryer makes our honorable mentions list as the best air fryer under $100. This is a multi-function air fryer that saves time and money in the long run.
Ultrean Air Fryer Specifications
- With the Ultrean air fryer you can grill, roast, bake, and fry your favorite foods using rapid air technology, which cooks foods evenly with zero hot oil or thermometers.
- Enjoy accessible buttons to cook your favorite meals. Also, easily switch the cooking timer and heat settings from 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air fryer basket is easy to clean, non-stick and comes with a heat resistant handle. It also happens to be dishwasher safe.
- The air fryer features a contemporary design to fit any modern kitchen.
- The bonus recipe book helps you cook delicious air-fried meals and desserts.
Customers like you love this air fryer because you get a hard-working air fryer at such an affordable price. The size of the air fryer basket is 4.2 quarts, making it easy to cook for a family of 2-4.
You will also love how easy it is to clean your air fryer by just throwing your air fryer basket in the dishwasher and letting it do the work for you.
The easy-to-use air fryer at such a low price and such a high rating make this one of the best air fryers of 2020.
Budget Under $50
Our honorable mention best air fryer under $50 pick is the Chefman TurboFry 2 quart air fryer. This budget air fryer is perfect for those living in small spaces or traveling from place to place.
Chefman Air Fryer Specifications
- Cook perfectly air fried foods at different temperatures from 200 degrees to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a crispy outside on anything you make using 98% less oil than the normal oil fryers.
- At such a space-saving and compact size of 2 quarts, you can fit this best air fryer in your small kitchen, down, office, or on trips like in your RV.
- You get a manual temperature control and a 30-minute timer to air fry chicken, frozen veggies, and desserts easily.
- The exterior is cool-touch so you won’t burn yourself and the air fryer basket is also BPA-free.
- No cooking spray required with the non-stick basket. Simply set it and remove it easily.
- You get CETL approved safety technology and long-lasting durability. To ease your mind, you also get a 1-year warranty.
Customers like you love the Chefman compact air fryer because it is so lightweight and small yet fits so much in the air fryer basket. Cook anything you want without compromising space.
You will get your money’s worth with this air fryer if you live on your own or with one or two other people. The only con is that you will have to preheat the air fryer because it is so compact.
But for such an affordable price, you can make meal after meal while saving money on takeout.
What Should You Look for in an Air Fryer?
Budget and Space
When choosing a air fryer first, think about your budget, then think about how much space you need. Are you cooking for yourself and one other person or a family of 3-6?
If you are cooking for yourself or one other person, a compact air fryer with a 2-quart basket is what you will need.
If you are cooking for more than three people or like to cook in batches, you should go for something higher than a 4-quart air fryer.
Think about cooking temperatures. If you need foods hotter and don’t want any preheat time, then go with an air fryer with higher temperature controls that you do not have to preheat.
If you plan to set your food at longer cooking times, make sure you pick an air fryer that can handle longer cooking times. If you’d rather have your air fryer cook manually than go with an air fryer with manual presets.
Want to control cooking times yourself? Most will let you choose cooking times – but first, see what kind if increments it will cook at.
If you want an air fryer that will shut off or remind you to turn your food, look for those kinds of air fryers as well.
Looking for a combo air fryer and pressure cooker? Do your research on multi-cookers so you can get multiple appliances at once.
More Air Fryers and Pressure Cookers
When you’re ready to get cooking, look at our easy to understand recipes as well. Happy cooking!